Before and Aftercare for Spray Tans
When preparing for your spray tan, there are a few do’s and don’t you need to consider to make sure you get the best results.
- Please be ready when we arrive.
- Let us know if you have any known allergies.
- Let us know of any medication you are taking.
- Wear loose dark clothing and sandals or flipflops.
- Keep skin dry during the developing time. Use wipes instead of washing your hands.
How to Prepare Your Skin for a Spray Tan
- Exfoliate your skin the day before. This will help the tanning solution settle better and your spray tan will last longer.
- Wax or shave any areas 24 hour before your spray tan. Doing so after, may remove some of your tan.
- Moisture, moisture, moisture! Once your tan has developed, rinse it off and moisturise your skin. Please make sure you do not use an oil based moisturise as this will block and weaken your tan or may even make it patchy. If you are not sure feel free to contact me.
- Before your spray tan, make sure you have removed all make up, deodorant, and perfume. This is very important to enable us to give you the perfect spray tan!
In ensuring you follow these steps, it will help you end up with the best fake tan result you will ever have.
- Do not use any other fake tan a week before your appointment.
- Do not shave or wax on your tanning day. Shaving and waxing can open your pores which the spray tan can get stuck within it. Giving you that chicken skin look. Not the look we are going for!
- Do not moisturise on your tanning day this can create a barrier, which may result in an uneven tan.
- Avoid shower, baths or do any vigorous exercise while your spray tan is still developing.
- Avoid long and hot showers and baths as this will promote your skin to shed.
- Do not rub your body with a towel when you come out the shower as this will increase the exfoliating process and you may end up with a patchy tan. What we recommend is to pat the skin rather than rub.
- Do not exfoliate for the first 4 days.
Maintaining Your Spray Tan
Once your time is up for your tan to fully develop (please see in Product Guide how long you need to developed each individual spray tan), you can hop in the shower to rinse it off (try and avoid using soap when rinsing off guide colour).
Please remember that when the tan is being sprayed on, the colour you see is only a guide colour and is not the final colour of the tan. The guide colour for us to see when we are spraying you, so when you rinse your spray tan for the first time you will see some residue that is being rinsed off.
Make sure you moisturise (please use oil free product) as soon as you get out the shower. Keeping your skin hydrated will help with prolonging your fake tan, moisturise every day if possible.
Avoid products that contain AHA’s (alpha hydroxy acids) as they can strip colour. Please also avoid chlorine.